Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy
Lower Order Thinking Skills (LOTS)
- Remembering: retrieving previous learned material.
- Understanding: demonstrating understanding of facts and ideas by organising, comparing, giving descriptions etc.
- Applying: using acquired knowledge to solve problems in new situations.
Used in the classroom to check understanding and review learning.
Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
- Analysing: examining information and making inferences / find evidence to support generalisations.
- Evaluating: presenting and defending opinions by making judgments about the value of ideas.
- Creating: building a structure from diverse elements
Used in the classroom to develop reasoning skills, encourage enquiry and discussion and develop creative thinking.
https://globaldigitalcitizen.org/blooms-digital-taxonomy-verbs link do strony z czasownikami odnoszacymi się odpowiednio do wszystkich czynności wg taksonomii Blooma
Remembering – googling, bookmarking, recording, retelling…
- – Padlet
- Google Docs
Understanding – blogging, commenting, tweeting, subscribing…
- Google Maps
Applying – presenting, interviewing, editing,…
- Google Docs
Analysing – Surveying, structuring, organising,…
- Google Forms
- Create a graph
Evaluating – posting, collaborating, validating,…
Creating- animating, storytelling, podcasting, publishing